Published: January 14, 2020
The American president has been contacted by Dr Amad Eshaab of Al Shaab stud
The boss of Libya's premier stud farm which has been under siege by armed militias has revealed he has tweeted Donald Trump in a plea for help.
Dr Amad Eshaab was left reeling, along with his staff at Al Shaab stud, near Tripoli, after more than 40 horses, including stallions and in-foal mares, were stolen in separate raids last week.
He has used Twitter to reveal news of the devastating attacks, part of a bloody ongoing armed conflict in the region, and has now told Australia's Daily Telegraph that he has reached out to the president of the United States.
"I tweeted to Mr Trump because of the lack of response to the call for help to stop the suffering of the horses," he said.
"We will not stop until the horses are released. We will contact every global person who can help us."
Dr Eshaab, a veterinarian, has built up the stud with horses and mares imported from Europe and Australasia in a bid to create a racing and breeding industry in Libya.
Among the stallions stolen in the initial raid the weekend before last was 1998 Solario Stakes winner Raise A Grand, now 24. A.P. Indy's half-brother Eavesdropper was also among the horses taken, and whose whereabouts are unknown.
The stud supremo added: "I appreciate the widespread sympathy for the hostage horses. I would like to thank everyone. I draw my strength from you."
Click here for our previous story on the subject source